Sunday, January 1, 2012

2012:Day One

Well, it's official: we are now experiencing the year known as 2012. January 1 fell on a Sunday this year, giving us a great opportunity to start the year off right: around the Lord's table with fellow brothers and sisters in Christ. Jaela did well and stayed quiet and awake throughout most of the services. After church, we came home and ate pork chops and potatoes. (Normally, we eat pork and saurcraut on New Year's Day, but I forgot to get saurcraut this year or even have mom give me some. Hopefully, I won't be jinxed for not eating it-lol


After lunch, we participated in the traditional Sunday afternoon naps. Josh fell asleep on the couch while watching football. Jaela didn't want to sleep in her crib, or even fall asleep for that matter, so I walked around with her. She finally fell asleep in my arms, and I let her sleep on my chest for a while. After I woke up, I let her stay in the middle of our bed for the remainder of her nap. (disclaimer: I generally don't allow cosleeping with her, but today this was the only way we were gonna get a nap out of her. )




Little girl in a big bed


Jaela and I ended up staying home from evening services tonight. She started coughing and sounding a little congested again, so we thought it might be best to keep her in away from more germs. I am really looking forward to springtime, so we can be rid of the cold and flu season. I hope that I am wrong and that she is really not getting sick again. This could be one long winter for us.


Two good lookin girls cheesing it up


Love this picture of a girl and her daddy
Overall, we had a good start to our new year. It's so strange to think at this time last year, we were praying that we would be able to have a child, and now we have a 3 1/2 month old. The Lord has truly blessed us and we thank Him each day for her. I can't wait to see what 2012 holds for our family.


I know Christmas is over, but I saw this idea and had to try it. The snowmen on here are made with Jaela's fingers. I think I will try to do this each year and then see how much her hands change each year.

No comments:

Post a Comment