So, the last couple of days haven't been anything too wild or crazy, but just thought I would share a couple pictures and random pieces of info.
My clean kitchen :)
Monday morning, I received a phone call that my brother was in the hospital needing to have his throat cauterized because a scab from his tonsillectomy came loose. I spent the majority of my morning there. When I came home that afternoon, I decided to be productive, and spent most of the afternoon cleaning my house. I used half a can of Lysol, disinfecting my couches and beds, and a whole bunch of clorox wipes to clean baseboards, lightswitches and anything else our hands may come in contact with. I even took pictures to prove that my house can be clean. After that, was Jaela's bathtime. She is starting to enjoy baths a little bit, I think. At least she doesn't fight it as much.Tuesday, was back to the normal grind. Josh and I both returned to work. Since my brother was still in the hospital, we had one of Josh's former students watch Jaela during the day. The two of them seemed to do well together. I had to run home at one point during my work day, and when I did, Jaela was perfectly content, and even appeared to be watching Finding Nemo:) When I got home, Jaela appeared pretty happy, and was "telling" me all about her day. It's so awesome to see her develop and hear her figure out language. As I watch her try to make sounds, I can see her trying to figure out how to form her mouth and practice different types of voice influction. I can't wait to hear her actually say some words, and hear the actual pitch of her voice.
That brings us up to today. Again, Trisha watched Jaela during the day. My brother is home and doing better, thankfully. However, I went back to the doctor, and have bronchitis (again or still have it apparently). I am back on an antibiotic. Jaela is still coughing as well, so we are back to giving her Albuterol treatments 4x/day. Can I just say I really wish it were spring already? Jaela and I stayed home from church for one more time, so she could sleep more and I could get some antibiotics going in my system. But, soon enough, we will be back to normal activities, at least until the next set of germs comes and hits us:)
No comments:
Post a Comment