Saturday, January 7, 2012

2012: Days 5-7


Well, we made it through the first week of the new year. So far, we are doing alright, just a few minor illnesses which we are slowly getting over. I have managed to take pictures every day this year, even if I haven't posted them online exactly that day. So, without further ado, here are the remaining events of the week:



Thursday: we had a particularly busy day. I didn't get off work until 5:10, then came home, changed and got back in the car to go to Woodburn. Josh and I are both committee members for our local Relay for Life event, and we had committee and team captain meetings that night. Jaela came to the meeting with us, and did great through the first meeting, and Mom helped watch her during the second meeting. I wish I could have taken a picture during the meeting, because at one point, I looked back, and Jaela was sitting on Mom's lap, looking at a book Mom had in front of her. cute moment. When we came home, it was time to get Jaela ready for bed. I did manage to get one picture, though:


Jaela calming down, getting ready to sleep. I tried not to disturb her too much, so I took the picture from her doorway.




Friday: It's safe to say that I am not a contestant for Mother of the Year. Jaela went down to Mom's house today during our work hours. As I prepared the diaper bag, I remembered most of the essentials: food, outfit change, medicine, activity mat-but no socks. If you live around us, you would not be surprised by this, because Jaela hardly ever has socks on, because she kicks them off. But today, Mom noticed that Jaela's hands and feet looked a little blue. The pediatrician said that can be perfectly normal for her, that we should just moniter this, and make sure she does not breath hard or turn blue in places like her lips. So, in order to make sure that Jaela's feet stayed warm when the blood reached them, Mom placed a pair of her socks on Jaela. they look more like leg warmers on her.



Poop Face:too funny to leave out



Saturday:Hooray for the end of the week. I know it was a short week, but it still felt like forever. Now that I am back to work, I find myself looking forward to the weekend even more. As it approaches, I look forward to having 2 whole days to spend with my daughter. At night, i just want to cuddle and play with her. I don't look for it to change, even as she gets older...


Today, Jaela went to her first high school basketball game. She was sleeping in the car, but when we walked into the gym, she woke right up. She enjoyed the game, and actually watched the whole thing. At one point, I tried turning her to look at someone, but she kept her eyes on the game. We may have a future basketball player on our hands.


Well, that's all I have for this week. Thanks for reading this ridiculously long post. Maybe next week, I will be better at making shorter posts each day...Have a good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment