So, I obviously have not been good at updating this blog. My goal is to be much better once the baby is born.(I will have a much cuter subject to talk about then) But anyways, here is the update on progress and most asked questions.
When is Baby Burton scheduled to arrive? As of this date, I'm not exactly sure. We are currently 37 1/2 weeks, and my doctor told me at my last appointment that she would like to deliver somewhere around 38 1/2 weeks. However, she also said that my cervix was not dilated or anything yet, so that might change our timing. I see her again this week, so hopefully I can get a better answer.
Will you be able to deliver normally? I think that's the plan at this point. There still is some risk for C-section due to the diabetes and possibility that my baby will be too big. Also, it might depend on what my body is doing.
How have you been feeling? So far, so good. I get tired at the end of the day and winded at times, but for the most part things have been good. I haven't really had much swelling, except for some in my hands (I took my wedding bands off about a month ago)
How has the pregnancy affected your diabetes? My sugars have definitely been harder to control, but my endocrinologist has been pretty pleased with how my sugars have been. Hopefully that will mean a healthy baby!
Does the doctor think you will have a big baby? At our last ultrasound, they told us that our baby was already about 6lb, 12 oz. and had a bigger abdomen than its head. I have to admit, it sounds like my baby is bound to be big, but the doc also tells me that my abdomen is measuring normal size. So, I'm not sure what she really thinks.
Do you know the sex of the baby? Nope--we want to be surprised! (And no, we don't have names picked out either)
Does the baby move a lot? Oh yes! Especially at nighttime when I sit on the couch, or during church services. There are sometimes that it feels like the baby is trying to climb out through my stomach. But I love every minute of it :)
Are you excited or nervous? Both! Josh and I are still getting used to the idea of us having a baby. It's weird to think that we will bring home a baby in about a week or so.
All in all, this pregnancy has been pretty good. I can't really complain about anything. The worst thing is just the amount of doctor's visits I have. (I currently see her twice a week for non-stress test procedures, to listen to the heartbeat and feel the movement) But I look at this way, each test and procedure is another opportunity to hear my baby or see my baby--I am blessed. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment