Tonight is our last night in the house without a baby. We head to the hospital tomorrow afternoon/evening to get checked in, and will start the induction process on Thursday morning. At my last doctor's appointment, she said that I was only 1 cm dilated, so she wants me in the night before to start on Cervidal to soften my cervix and prepare my body for labor the next day. It's weird to think that this is all finally happening. The child that we have prayed for and have watched grow through my changing appearance is finally arriving.
I'm super excited about these next couple days, but I admit I'm pretty nervous as well. I just pray that the Lord will grant safety to us all throughout the labor and delivery process, and that my child will be healthy and well. I can't wait to hold my child, but then I also feel like I'm not ready to place it in the doctor's hands to care for it. I feel there's another whole new feeling of anxiety getting ready to take place. I also know that I will miss feeling my child move within me. I have grown accustomed to the movements, and have connected with my child through rubbing my belly and talking to it (Josh has also done this) I've heard other mom's talk about how they miss that feeling, and now I think I understand.
Overall, I am truly excited and ready to meet my child. I can't wait to know whether it is a boy or girl and be able to address it by it's name. I can't wait to see whose eyes, or chin or ears or nose it has. I am so glad that the Lord has decided to bless us with this child and this experience. I pray that we will be able to serve Him through our parenting adventures.
Please pray for us that this labor and delivery will go well, and that we all will be safe and sound. And please pray for us as we begin our lives as a new family. We hope that our lives will be a blessing to God and those around us.
No comments:
Post a Comment