Thursday,Feb 2:
So, I have decided that I really need to stay away from the clothing aisles when I go to Walmart or even Meijer. There are just way too many cute things on the hangers, that I feel that I have to buy something for Jaela while I'm there. I justify the purchase by knowing that it is on sale, and buying it a little larger than her current size, so she has something to grow into. But deep down inside, I really know that I just couldn't resist buying the cute, pink outfit just because I think my little girl will look adorable in it.:) I am really looking forward to garage sale season when I can buy her lots of clothes for super cheap. (Which means, if you live close to me and see a good garage sale with girl clothes-call me, and I will be there)
I had the opportunity to go to a ladies cookie exchange at church. We had such a good time. Each lady brought 3 dozen cookies, and then we all went through the line and took home a sampling of each type of cookie. We also had a time of devotion and craft and get to know you time. It's so nice to get together with Christian women and do things like this. There were so many cookies that looked delicious-I really wanted to eat one of everything that night, but then I figured Josh would get upset. Oh, and there's that diabetes thing, too...
(oh, and while I was at the cookie exchange, Jaela was with her Daddy watching the high school basketball game. I think she had a better time there)
So, my day definitely could have been better. I was scheduled to work at the hospital, but instead I woke up during the early morning hours sick. At first, I thought it was just a fluke, but it just got worse as the morning progressed. I called in sick to work, and then was confined to our bedroom all day. I think being sick as a mom just makes things worse. I didn't want to get Jaela sick, nor did I even have the energy to do it, so I didn't even get to touch her all day. My mom stopped by with some Gatorade and Saltines for me, and snapped this picture of Jaela chillin in her swing with her favorite giraffe. She did such a good job for her daddy all day (at least until nighttime when she got a little cranky before bed) I am so thankful that Josh was home and able to watch her while I was down. I am also fortunate and thankful for the fact that my sugar didnot go too crazy during the day. Thankfully, I woke up Sunday morning feeling better. Hopefully I don't get sick like that for a long time...
No comments:
Post a Comment