Thursday, June 14, 2012

Random Cuteness

I love watching Jaela develop in every way.  I love watching her brain work, as she discovers a new item, or tries to figure out how to maneuver around an obstacle.  There is such a sense of wonder about her, and you can almost watch her thought process as she handles everything.  Take for instance, her discovery of a piece of paper.  You can see her use her sense of sight as she discovers the paper and crawls over to it.  Then she uses her sense of touch to pick at the item and pick it up.  She performs careful observation of it, handling it in both hands and turning it over multiple times. She uses her sense of hearing, as she shakes the object in her hand and listens for noise.  Then finally, she uses smell and taste as she brings it up to her mouth and tries to eat it.  I'm pretty sure she is getting plenty of fiber in her diet with all the paper I've found in her mouth lately.  Her highly inquisitive mind has her popping items in her mouth left and right, so that I am constantly on my feet, moving her away from something, taking an item away from her or trying to distract her so I can remove something from her grasp. 

She is also learning to play new games.  Just today, she played hide and seek with her daddy.  Josh said he would go hide in the doorway of another room, and call for her until she came and found him.  When she found him, she would look up, smile and giggle at him until he went and hid in another place.  She's getting pretty smart, knowing how to follow voices and remembering which direction she saw him leave. 

And finally, one little side note, just so I can remember it (cause I think it's cute).  I have been reading the book "Goodnight Moon" to Jaela each night after her Bible stories.  Everytime I come to the page that says goodnight mouse, she reaches out and touches the picture of the mouse.  I think it is because there is a white page with a tiny black and white circular picture and it just catches her attention, but it is really cute.  All the other pages she just looks at.  Hopefully, that will be the only mouse she likes to pet.  I don't think I want her to have any pet mice in my house.:)

Just a couple cute pictures from the last 2 days.  The first 2 are Jaela watching the Winnie the Pooh Heffalump movie.  She was standing on her tiptoes in her pack and play for quite a while just enjoying the movie.  The last one is her playing in her bookcase in her bedroom.  I think her daddy helped her get in all the way, but she was quite content to sit in there and play :)




No comments:

Post a Comment