Fathers are such important people in our lives. They are essential in
shaping us into the people that we become. I am blessed to have such
wonderful Fathers in my life. First off, my Dad. He has always made
life interesting for me. He has always been my "Mr. Fix It" from
repairing my toys to repairing my air conditioning. He taught me how to
show love to your kids by spending time with them, through activities
such as coaching all of our ball teams (at 1 time), playing horse at
home or going to church camp and debating why his tribe should have won
the skit that year because they "used both sides of the cardboard." I
have always known that my father loved me, which I think is key to the
development of a girl's life. Most of all, he taught me the Bible, including the steps to salvation and the love of God. Thank you so much, Dad, for all the love
and memories. I love seeing you interact with Jaela each week, and look
forward to all the fun things you will teach her.
 |
| playing with Jaela |
 |
| Grandpa's Girl |
 |
| Dad with 2/3 of his children and his granddaughter |
Next, I speak about the Father of my beautiful child. Josh has been an amazing father to Jaela. He loves on her, and plays with her so much through the day. He is constantly reading to her and finding new activities to do with her. He always gets the biggest smiles on his face when he gets to see her and hold her. I look forward to watching him develop even more as a father, as he teaches her Bible verses, takes her on daddy/daughter dates and chases away the monsters from her room. And if the Lord blesses us with more children in the future, I will look forward to watching Josh interact with each one of them individually.
 |
| Josh with his pride and joy! |
Also, a shout out to my father in law, even though I don't have a picture for this post. You raised the man that I love and have chosen as my spouse and father of my child. He has learned much from you over the years, including your sense of humor. Josh always comments that he loves seeing you talk to Jaela on the computer and he is amused at how you act as a Pop-Pop now.
Last, but never least, I am blessed by my Heavenly Father. His love and wisdom is so amazing. Each day I am in awe of the love he showed me by sending His son to die on the cross for my sins, way before I was even born. I thank Him for the many blessings He has given me, including these earthly fathers in my life. My Heavenly Father spoils me. Thank you so much, Father!
 |
| Josh's Father's Day tie that he requested |
I hope everyone had just as wonderful Father's Day as we all had here!
 |
| Cute as a button! |
No comments:
Post a Comment