Thursday, May 31, 2012

A little update, Please!

First off, let me say sorry.  I know at the beginning of the year, I said I was going to try the whole blog a day thing, but we can all see how that really worked out.  Truth be told, we are just plain busy.  I still take pictures almost every day, but I just haven't had a huge amount of time to sit down and write about it all.  So, I am going to do my best to update you on a few things that have happened these last couple months, and hope to say that I will be updating more consistently in the future.

 So, lets see-as you could see in her 6month pictures, Jaela started sitting up on her own.  Now, she is not only sitting up on her own, she is pulling herself up in bed and on furniture.  She is also crawling on her hands and knees everywhere.  She is a mobile machine, and there is no stopping her.  We have found that sweeping is no longer something that we can put off, because she will find any little piece that you drop and try placing it in her mouth.  I guess maybe it's a good thing, because it forces me to try to keep my house cleaner :)
 She is continuing to increase the different foods that she is eating.  She especially likes "orange" foods, such as sweet potatoes, squash and peaches.  She is also becoming more independent with her eating skills.  If my OT cousins are reading this, they will appreciate the fact that she is using a 2 or 3 finger pincer grasp to pick up her Cheerios and can sometimes get food on a spoon to her mouth.  (sometimes the wrong end goes into her mouth.)  Feeding is such a messy but fun time. as you can see below.  Also,its a little hard to see, but we have been playing around with placing her hair in pigtails-I think it's absolutely adorable!
April was another busy month for us.  Josh and I celebrated 6 years of marriage.  I can't believe it's been that long already.  We both agree this last year has been the best, as we added our favorite addition to the family.  We are so blessed.  Also in April, we took a trip to Illinois to see my cousin Katy get married.  It was such a fun trip, and the wedding was absolutely gorgeous!
 Jaela enjoyed sitting by the stained glass window in the churchbuilding-I thought it was cute

The following picture is Jaela with her Grandpa/Grandma Cooper at Easter time.  She had a really cute bow in her hair, but by the time we got around to pictures, she had already taken it off.  She's independent that way.  
In May, we celebrated Me!  Ok, not all of May was about me, but at least 2 Sundays were.  This picture is Jaela and I on my first Mother's Day.  Jaela made me a shirt with her hand prints on it--she's so crafty.  Then a week later, I celebrated another anniversary of my 25th Birthday (the age that I am maintaining now)  On top of that, we also had several high school graduations and parties to go to.  May is just an exhausting month.

Finally, just a couple cute photos of Jaela playing around (or maybe it's Mommy playing dress up with Jaela.  Either way, these pics bring a smile to my face)





Pict #1-Jaela trying on a wig from our costume box.  She wanted to see if blondes really do have more fun
Pict #2-Jaela trying to be like her daddy.  Somebody asked if Josh played Xbox in his diaper too.  I just think it's funny cause I've seen that same expression on Josh's face when he plays xbox. 

Well, sorry for the long post, but hopefully you are caught up alittle.  We have another busy busy weekend ahead, but maybe I will get some good pictures with stories to tell.  Have a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment