Saturday, December 3, 2011

Snow!

Jaela and her Daddy enjoying her first snow

(p.s.-Josh's beard is especially thick d/t No-Shave November)


Jaela got to see her first snowfall of the season this week. The day started out pretty dreary, with some drizzly type rain in the morning. When I came home from the grocery store, the rain was starting to turn into snow as it hit the ground. By the end of the afternoon, we had a nice little ground cover. When Josh came home, we bundled Jaela up to take her outside so she could see the snow. She didn't show too much emotion either way at this point. However, if she's anything like her mom, she will prefer the sunshine and warm weather over the cold snow. :) Nonetheless, I look forward to winters as Jaela becomes old enough to find the "white stuff" fascinating and fun to play in. Despite my personal disdain for cold weather, I look forward to making snowmen and forts with her. Hopefully, she will be on my team in the snowball fights against Josh!

We have also introduced Jaela to decorating the Christmas tree. In the same week, she "helped" decorate Grandpa and Grandma Cooper's tree and our tree. I think she was more interested in looking at lights instead of watching us put decorations on the tree. Josh tried to have Jaela watch Rudolf, the Red-nosed Reindeer with him, but she was not a fan. Maybe next year. I look forward to Christmases to come, as she starts to show excitement for the different holiday traditions and such.

No comments:

Post a Comment