Well, I am officially a working mom now. My 12 week stint as a stay at home mom has ended, and I have returned to my job at the nursing home. I can't believe how fast the time has gone. I honestly thought my first day back was gonna be terrible, because so many people described how emotional they were when they went back to work. I was good-it was hard to say goodbye to my girl, but I didn't cry. I understand that being a good mommy means making sure your child's needs are met. My child needs health insurance, diapers and clothes, so I get those for her by working my job and earning the money to purchase those things. And now that I have tasted a little bit of both worlds, I give props to all the mommies who work outside the home, as well as to the mommies who stay at home with the children. Both ways are important and difficult.But we get through it. I will say, Jaela has been very understanding these last 2 days that I have worked. She woke up right before I had to leave, and gave me a big smile, as if to say "have a good day at work Mommy, I love you." It was the perfect way to start my day.
Actually, one of the hardest parts about going to work this week was being sick. As you may recall from my post earlier this week, Jaela has been sick. Well, I started coughing and such about Tuesday or Wednesday this week. The coughing kept getting worse, especially when I laid down or tried doing things like laughing. On Saturday morning, I decided to be responsible, and go get checked at the doctor's. I thought I just had a bad cold. Come to find out, it was good that I went, because I have bronchitis, that was just a day or so from turning into pneumonia. The doctor put me on some antibiotics and told me to take it easy over the weekend. So, hopefully I will be better on Monday and able to make it through the day without too many coughing fits.
And now to wrap up this session, I want to include some of the holiday pictures I took of Jaela. It was pretty hard to decide which one for the Christmas cards.


Actually, one of the hardest parts about going to work this week was being sick. As you may recall from my post earlier this week, Jaela has been sick. Well, I started coughing and such about Tuesday or Wednesday this week. The coughing kept getting worse, especially when I laid down or tried doing things like laughing. On Saturday morning, I decided to be responsible, and go get checked at the doctor's. I thought I just had a bad cold. Come to find out, it was good that I went, because I have bronchitis, that was just a day or so from turning into pneumonia. The doctor put me on some antibiotics and told me to take it easy over the weekend. So, hopefully I will be better on Monday and able to make it through the day without too many coughing fits.
And now to wrap up this session, I want to include some of the holiday pictures I took of Jaela. It was pretty hard to decide which one for the Christmas cards.
No comments:
Post a Comment