Friday, November 18, 2011

Soccer and Other Notes



Josh loves coming home from work and playing with our little girl. He says he can't wait until she's old enough to play sports and he can coach her team. She recently has become more aware of her surroundings and will attempt to hit objects with her hands and kick with her feet. Most of the time, she doesn't make contact, but when somebody (like Daddy) helps her out, she can. So, the above video just shows Josh playing soccer with her. He gets really excited at the end when she kicks with her left foot. (She starts fussing at the end because she was bored of laying down and wanted picked up)


In other news, we had our 2 month check up this week. Jaela now weighs 11lbs, 10 oz (70%) and is 22 1/4 inches long (50%). Her head is in the 85%, so I don't know if that means she will be a brainiac, or if she just has a big noggin.


It seems like we are having more fussy time again. She fusses sometimes within a half hour of feeding, and will only console if I give in and feed her. The pediatrician just told us to try a pacifier (which she just spits out) and try to keep her from eating until 2 1/2-3 hours in between feedings. I usually try this, but sometimes she just gets so mad. He also said that she should start sleeping through the night here in the next month or so (Hooray!) and after that, she will be more calm during the day. While I do enjoy having my little girl want me to hold her and console her, I look forward to being able to just let her play on the floor for a while. She is growing up so fast. I go back to work in 3 weeks, and I keep wishing it was longer. But nonetheless, bills need to be paid, and health insurance needs to stay active, so I will return to work. At least I will see her at night and on weekends, and will cherish each moment I have with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment