I can't believe that our miss Jaela is already 5 weeks old! She is getting so big and changing looks every day! This month has flown by so fast. Time seems to fly faster by having a kid. I know every parent tells you to cherish the time with your kid, because they don't stay little long, and before you know it they are 16 and driving, etc. I really can see what they mean. But anyways, now that I have that out of the way, on to Jaela updates...
Like I said, she is growing like a weed. At her 2 week check up, Jaela was already 8lbs, 9 oz. I stepped onto a scale today at home with her and it measured her between 10-11 lbs. She is starting to outgrow many of her newborn outfits and is wearing 0-3 month clothes for the most part. Her neck is getting a little stronger, but she still head butts you sometimes when she tries to hold her head up for too long.
at Uncle Robby's wedding
Also, Jaela has already made her first major trip. Last weekend, we flew down to Texas for her Uncle Robby's wedding ceremony. I was pretty nervous about flying with a baby and the whole travel experience, but she did pretty awesome. As long as I fed her during takeoff and landing, she was fine. She must have been excited to go on the trip, because the night before she woke up at 1245 and didn't fall asleep until 330, which was about the time Josh and I needed to get up to leave.
One little story about our time in San Antonio: Friday and Saturday were pretty much busy with wedding stuff and etc. Sunday, our family decided to go to San Antonio on the River Walk. When we arrived there, I told Josh to change her diaper before we started walking around. As he was changing her, I heard him go "Oh no!" and start laughing. He said while he was changing her, he heard a toot sound and then saw poo fly right past his shoulder onto the back of the seat in front of them. As he was laughing about this, then Jaela decided to pee also. Between the two of us, we managed to grab diapers and blankets to capture all the fluids coming out of our precious little girl. We couldn't help but laugh. I guess that's a welcome to parenthood for us.
No comments:
Post a Comment